Runway of Dreams FoundationPrograms
Central to the Runway of Dreams philosophy is giving back to the differently-abled community. The Foundation’s programs support its core pillars of inclusion, engagement and living our mission.
Developing programs include:
- Apparel Donation Program: While people all over the world will benefit from mainstream adaptive clothing, not all will be able to afford it. ROD Foundation will work with its corporate partners to identify and distribute excess inventory to entities or individuals with demonstrated economic need.
"As a teenage girl with a not-so-normal body type, it can be challenging to find clothes comfortable for me that also make me feel good about myself. Runway of Dreams seems like the perfect solution! I loved all the clothes I got to try and I look forward to trying more! It seems like fashion is finally think of those of us who don't fit the mold, and I couldn't be more thrilled.Thank you so much for all your efforts in this, it truly means a lot. I look forward to seeing what you all are able to accomplish in the future."
Leigh DittmanShriners Hospital For Children-Tampa
- Fulfill Your Dreams: ROD Foundation will provide scholarships for individuals pursuing a field of study relevant to adaptive fashion and/or for students who are themselves differently-abled and pursuing a career in design. The Foundation will further broaden the reach of inclusive fashion by hosting symposiums, workshops and conferences where the differently-abled and fashion communities can explore innovative design solutions and the next break through in adaptive fashion can be made.
- Look Book: We live our mission by promoting the differently-abled community in the fashion industry, sharing our inclusive “Look Book” with modeling/ad agencies, retailers and brands, and creating opportunities for employment.
- Shine a Light: The Foundation will develop, deliver and support programs and events that encourage broad social awareness, spotlight and celebrate people who are different, and promote experiences and opportunities in the fashion industry. Through campaigns, story telling initiatives and collaborations with celebrities and the media, the Foundation will elevate the many voices of the differently-abled community, giving them a mainstream presence.
- The Runway of Dreams Dream Team: The Foundation will develop a nationwide Ambassador program that engages people of all abilities in the inclusive fashion movement. This affiliate community, the Dream Team, will highlight the need for mainstream adaptive apparel and connect people around the belief that fashion can inspire confidence, independence and self-expression.